We warmly invite you to be a part of the New Zealand education experience and look forward to welcoming you to our school.
If you have any questions please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 1 : Complete the Kiwi English Academy Enrolment Form and the KiwiCare accommodation request form. Students going to high school or a tertiary institute should also send: a) a copy of their passport / b) copies of their academic transcripts
Step 2 : Kiwi English Academy reviews the application and sends a confirmed offer of place, the enrolment contract and an invoice.
Step 3 : After carefully reviewing all the information, sign and return the enrolment contact to Kiwi English Academy and pay the fees.
Step 4 : Kiwi English Academy sends a receipt. Accommodation and guardianship (if required) is organised.
Step 5 : The student applies for a student visa and informs Kiwi English Academy of flight arrival details (at least 2 weeks prior to arrival)
Step 6 : Kiwi English Academy organises airport pick-up and transfer to accommodation.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The following information is important. Please ensure that you read and understand it.
Refunds will only be made in accordance with the following policy:
All cancellations must be in writing
1) Before commencement of the course
If notification of cancellation is received in writing before commencement of study, Kiwi English Academy will refund all homestay fees and tuition fees, less the enrolment fee and the accommodation placement fee.
2) After course commencement
2.1 For courses of up to and including four weeks and six days. If notification of cancellation is received within the first two days of the course, the student will be refunded 50% of the course fees.
2.2 For courses of five weeks or more but less than 13 weeks. If notification of cancellation is received within the first five days of the course, the school will retain 25% of the course fees and refund the balance to the student.
2.3 For courses of 13 weeks or more. If notification of cancellation is received within the first 10 working days of the course the student will be refunded in full less a deduction for costs incurred by Kiwi English Academy Ltd up to a maximum of 25% of the total school-related costs paid, including but not limited to tuition fees, export education levy, recruitment, marketing, agents’ commission, overheads, examination fees, resource fees, student services fees and administration fees.
2.4 No refund of tuition fees will be given once 10 days have lapsed from the commencement of the course.
2.5 No refund will be given to any student who is suspended/expelled from school for failure to comply with the school’s policies and rules and reasonable instructions of the staff of the school.
3) Refunds will be paid:
3.1 In New Zealand dollars (NZ$)
3.2 By direct credit:
- To the applicant’s nominated bank account;
- Another institution, if requested in writing with the applicant’s signature, supported by evidence of an “Offer of Place” to another institution.
4.0 Cancellation of homestay/alternative accommodation
4.1 A minimum of one week’s notice is required to either request a homestay change or to cancel homestay.
4.2 If homestay is cancelled after course commencement, the unused portion of the accommodation fees will be refunded, less one week’s notice and less the $25.00 administration fee.
4.3 Students studying at the Junior Campus and/or who are under 18 must stay in a Kiwi English Academy approved homestay for the duration of their course.
Important - Please inform the student of the following:
1) Insurance – All international students are required by law to have appropriate current medical and travel insurance.
2) Fees protection - In accordance with NZQA student fee protection policy (http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/providers-partners/approval-accreditation-and-registration/student-fee-protection/) all student fees are protected by Public Trust. For further details please refer to the following website: http://www.publictrust.co.nz/fee-protect/information-for-students.
3) Liability – Kiwi English Academy Ltd. will not be liable for loss, damage or injury to persons, or property, howsoever caused, save where liability is expressly imposed beyond exclusion by statute.
4) Holidays – Kiwi English Academy Ltd. observes all New Zealand public holidays and closes for the two weeks in which Christmas and New Year are celebrated, and for one week at the end of June as a mid-year break.
5) Complaints – Kiwi English Academy Ltd. has a complaints process that is easy to understand. This is clearly displayed in every classroom. If a student is still dissatisfied after completing the school’s complaints process, he/she is able to access the formal complaints process of the New Zealand Qualifications Authority in Wellington (refer to the website www.nzqa.govt.nz).