ActionKiwi offers a full range of activity programmes for our students including sports activities for the junior students, short half and one day excursions around Auckland and longer trips to places of interest in the North and South Islands. We also organise exciting programmes full of cultural, sporting and sightseeing interest for short-term tour groups. Kiwi English Academy has an activities coordinator whose job it is to make sure that our students get out and about and enjoy what Auckland has to offer.
Around Auckland you can
- Visit the Auckland Museum, take in the awesome Maori concert
- Take the ferry to Waiheke Island and visit the wineries
- Boat to Rangitoto Island , climb to the top for the most amazing 360º views of the City of Sails
- Head out west to the black sand beaches and many beautiful bush walks
- Spend the weekend on a marae ; find out about the traditional Maori way of life
- Sail around the spectacular Waitemata Harbour
- Ski indoors all year round
- Take a horse ride along Pakiri Beach
- Snorkel with the fish at Goat Island
- Soak up the atmosphere among the bars and restaurants in the Viaduct
- "Shop til you drop" at one of Auckland's many shopping malls
- Roller blade along the foreshore looking out on the sparkling waters of the Waitemata Harbour
Further afield you can
- Head south to Rotorua and the centre of Maori culture and geothermal activity
- Take a bus trip north to the birthplace of NZ in the Bay of Islands – learn about the Treaty of Waitangi, swim with the dolphins, take an island cruise
- Surf is your thing – drive to Mt Maunganui where the surf is always up and you can team this with a walk around this iconic mountain.
- Don't forget the pristine beauty of the Coromandel Peninsula, just 2 hours from Auckland and some unforgettably beautiful beaches
- For those with time to spare the South Island cannot be missed; the majestic peaks and fjords, the elegant cities, the rainforest – this is the country of Lord of the Rings
Kiwi English Academy Ltd also works closely with some tour operators who offer our students a wide range of tailor-made activities.